General required documents for Italy Visa Application:
Download the Italy Visa application form, You can also fill the Italy Visa application form electronically and then print a hard copy,
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be in passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for an Italian Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond the return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages,
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required,
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Italy and the entire Schengen area,
- A cover letter stating the purpose of the visit to Italy and itinerary,
- Flight ticket reservation (if applicable),
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in Italy.
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy, the following are the required amounts of means of subsistence needed to be attested by a foreigner, at the moment applying for an Italian Visa to an Italian Embassy or Consulate: